Wednesday, August 16, 2006

in love with art


i am in love with art always and forever, it feeds me & calms me...
thank goodness for the artists that inspire me so...

this month's Orion features art from Tara Donovan, who tranforms everyday objects like tape and tar paper, buttons, and pencils, into sublime landscapes rich in texture and light... William Fox writes "When she manufactures such vistas, Donovan reminds us that these materials are now so ubiquitous they are becoming the landscape itself, the object displacing the subject." You will lose yourself walking amidst this mountain and valley.





...and then there is the work of the utterly exquisite & talented ms.theresa ganz,
a former NYC girl who now resides in SF and will be opening her show at the
Steven Wolf Gallery at 49 Geary Blvd on Sept. 7th (5-7pm). Perhaps a trip there will be my birthday present to myself...
her organic formations of photographic leafy content are purely delightful and remind of my days running wild through pine forests, watching deer walk amid the morning dew, and eating peas from the pod on the vines in mama's garden. Please visit her jungle pinups and feel obliged to wonder at the sliced depths of Eden...







1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love the art.So different