Friday, May 12, 2006

grown things




















These are a few of my growing things, some of them
came from seeds, and some have struggled, but recently
come alive in leaps and bounds.
The Japanese Maple is from two lovely women who are moving from Mt. Tam to Florida,
Ms. Phyllis and Ms. Andrea. They lovingly gave me this tree, which I promtly killed...
or so i thought. You see, maple trees are deciduous - a fact ridiculously forgotten by me,
after being away from the changing of seasons now for six years - so they shed their leaves
this winter and regrew to this very full bloom come April. I gather that with all the rain they have had much reason to rejoice as these leaves grew from bud in just a short month! I love this tree!
I now have 25 plants and three cactii, having started with only three plants in a TINY studio.
This has been one of my greatest accomplishments in San Francisco. God bless the plants.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great site loved it alot, will come back and visit again.
»