Friday, September 21, 2007

swiching off & breaking away

my switch has been turned
to off;
no longer in lust with
the one i have loved for too long now
(to be of any real use to me)
his demonstrations
of our physicality
left this body o'mine longing
for the sweetest gentle other
who ekes out magic with his movements,
uses his voice to caress my insides;
he pulls heaven from his mind's eye
sends it to me with penetrating glances,
which i could only find in distant memories
of the once I who was longed for
by brothers so long long ago;
and this older, now wiser me
stares eternity in the face,
making plans for something permenant
upon which to stake my heart or
claim my space.
I am a weary soul delighted
to be at once free and fancied,
yet terrified i let slip the reigns
to forever or even just one more day.
BUT the whole world is now up for grabbing,
my body totally mine,
having finally, eternally
taken to flight & broken away.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

When one door closes,I hope one more opens...I hope you dance......